Wednesday, January 23, 2008

for you, a thousand times over

the kite runner, the movie, will be officially released in singapore on 31 january 2008. being the pirate that i am, i've watched it with credits to the best thing known to men; bittorrent. i read the book a couple of months ago and it was a very enjoyable read.

today, i reminisced that enjoyable experience by watching the movie. its a beautiful story but watching me watching it isn't pretty, especially with the waterworks!

in one of the scenes when you finally see amir jan praying, a song by sami yusuf was played. the lyrics touched me deeply and had me crying for quite a bit.

this an excerpt from the song:

"O My Lord,
My sins are like
The highest mountain;
My good deeds
Are very few
They’re like a small pebble.
I turn to You
My heart full of shame,
My eyes full of tears.
Bestow Your
Forgiveness and Mercy
Upon me."

watch the movie. read the book. you'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

Linda NJ said...

i gave the movie a pass when i was in the states (they were already showing it there!!!), just so that i can watch it with the boyfriend here, who took my book and got it destroyed by rainwater even before he could finish reading it.
=(((((((

this book has gotta be one of the BEST book i've ever ownED so far.