Thursday, November 27, 2008

nobody's perfect

Some weeks ago, I attended Kanye's Glow in the dark concert. He performed a number called Pinocchio Story, which was added as a bonus track in his newly released 808's and Heartbreaks. I don't know if Pinocchio Story is in his official album because I haven't managed to get a copy but I've listened to it online :P When I say listen online, it's just one of the many ways to say I should wear a patch on my bad eye and say "Aye aye, Captain".

Watching him perform this song was haunting and thought-provoking. It makes me so glad to be so fucking normal and have my life remain so real with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Sometimes, I take my failures too seriously because I feel that it is set in stone. I can't change the past and I get so frustrated because I have no control over it. I forget that possibilities are endless.

Destiny is a book of infinite pages and you hold the pen. The pen is mightier than the sword. (I can't shake off the thought of the stupid joke about this phrase. If you don't know it yet, ask me)

With that, I would still love the choice of some liquid paper or hard eraser to get rid of the ink blots and smudges. That would be handy.

It doesn't take bad to know good, ugly to know beautiful. Although, knowing the bad and ugly teaches you to appreciate the better halves.

You know, I've always wanted to take over the world, have a sidekick, kill capitalism, destroy economy, abolish poverty and say hello to anarchy. How the hell am I supposed to do that if I get so petty about minor setbacks, right? Riiiight. Keep them dreams patent-pending, pending for originality.

On that cue, if you feel the need to get all self-righteous because I was tripping, come say hello to me so I can shudder the utter nonsense from your existence. If you kick a man when he's down, don't be surprised that he towers over you when he stands up. After all, the lower you fall, the higher you'll fly. It's called mathematics. No need to think such deep thoughts and use your really big words that’s clouding your small head.

In the words of my brother from another mother, nobody is perfect. And, I'm nobody.

2 comments:

Rae said...

But you are somebody to me! Lets conquer the world! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *tiny finger on cheek*

adrenalene.xs said...

hehe.
rae rae is somebody to me too!
we will and shall take over the world, one cm by one cm.

slowly but SURELY!