Wednesday, April 29, 2009

party-pauper

I am writing this not because I have nothing better to do. I have an insane amount of work and to say I am digressing from it would be profusely unfair. If I don't take the time off it, my head might end up exploding and brain splitter-splatter, leaving a mess that no one wants to clean up.

Today, a sweaty aunty brushed the happy drops of perspiration on my arm. The indignity of mass (not so rapid) transit.

Today, I wore white pantyhose and was carrying a cup of tea. The tea spilled on my pantyhose.

Today, among the many days, I am bombarded at work as if holding a fortress to fend away the enemies who own a biological weapon. The best part is that me and my men are only equipped with sticks and stones. And so, I await detonation with open arms, holding a stick on my left hand and a stone on my right, waiting to die.

Yes, the misadventures of everyday life.

I don't know how much longer I can keep on keeping on.

The storm doesn't seem to settle. The storm gets bigger and angrier turning into a monsoon, increasing the tides and flooding my sanity.

Yes, this is insanity but I am a pauper who can only afford writing as therapy. Fuck it. I'm broke in every aspect of my life.

If I were a superhero, I'd be super pauper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i were a superhero, i'd be supermugger.

or maybe superloser.

-Lyd

adrenalene.xs said...

if we dismiss the negative connonations of the latter word, we'd be pretty super, fellow super!

have you finished exams? it is may and hunting lydia for tea time! come what may!