Thursday, October 22, 2009

nil gaymen

Neil Gaiman has always been my favourite author. I consider him to be the David Copperfield of authors for all things weird and awesome.

I knew somewhere last month that Neil Gaiman is coming for Singapore Writers Festival. Due to my own complacency, I skipped googling for details immediately. I had no idea until yesterday that it was a ticketed event.

I hate you world (There goes a dollar in the hate bank). You know best to kick a man when he's down.

Now, all there is left to do is play the alternative role of the bitter heart.

My Malaysia roadtrip was really tiring. The highlights were that we dined in the clouds, played go-kart, climbed hills, went to the night safari and ate well. The lesson learnt here is that fun does not come in the absence of sleep. Never again will I be so selfish to disobey my body for my social needs.

Speaking of selfish, I guess selfish people have too little in their lives. They hold on to whatever they have, fearing if they let something go, they might actually lose themselves. My condolences to your inadequecy.

I hope whatever it is you're holding on to is worth it. After all, you get what you give.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neil gaiman ftw!

lyd