Tuesday, January 19, 2010

matinee

In a span of two days, I've watched three movies.

I love how you can pause everything that's going on with the world and give your undivided attention for two hours to watch a movie. It would be amazing if we could take that same focus and apply it in everything we do. Movies are also an inexpensive way to learn about foreign people and places from the past, present and future. The best movies are the ones that questions the mind and touches the heart.

Of the 3 movies I watched, this is my current favourite.


3 idiots is about simplicity, courage and most of all friendship between Rancho, Farhan and Raju. Rancho, the smartest of the bunch, is a principled boy who chases after his dreams and encourages his friends to do the same. Together, they get into all kinds of sticky situations which made me laugh and cry.

This movie is like finding a diamond in the rubble. The shooting locations look like a dream, like heaven on earth, like a backpacker's mecca.... I could go on and on. I think I'm in love with India.

India, you are my 2010 destiny.


I'm quite a hypocrite when it comes to lying. I claim to be an honest person, but really, I don't think anyone can be as straight as a ruler.

The Invention of Lying reminded me that lies help us get through a great deal in life. Hence, I accredit the occasional fibbing. Come to think of it, hope is like lying, isn't it? I brim with hope, so I guess that makes me a big fat fibber.

This movie has many inappropriate moments because the truth is often mean. Clever humour too. After this movie, I want fat children with snubby noses too.


Last and unfortunately least, Love Happens is a sweet little love story about the broken heart that found love once again. The irony here is that the self-help book author is the one who needs help. Nice to know that they're human too.

Love Happens is similar to Yes Man, but Yes Man wins hands down.

fyi that will not change your life - i removed all tumblr links.

No comments: