Sunday, January 17, 2010

non je ne regrette rien

Sometimes, I find myself speaking words too soon without understanding the magnitude of it all. Then later, I find myself biting my foolish tongue. Please forgive my impulsiveness, it is one that thrives on fabrication but my heart is in the right place (at least for now). Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper, say Kahlil Gibran.

It is high time to be conscious of these thoughts. Despite it all, I still honour making mistakes as an important part of learning. Make your mistakes bigger and clearer, hopefully, the lessons will grow proportionately.

The first band I saw performing live was Oasis. At that time, I told my friends that the one band I truly wanted to see live was The Killers. This January, they will be performing live and I was lucky enough to have someone buy me a pair of free standing tickets on the 11th hour.

Right now, I'm facing a dilemma. I can choose to sell the tickets, pay him back for the tickets and make a profit or live my 21 year old dream.

Times have changed and tides have turned. It would make me really happy to celebrate and reminisce my 21 year old self but I would be a-okay with being practical and using that extra cash for something more tangible.

After all, I still have with me the songs that will continue to preserve these memories. What a cheap and great way to save the past. Yeah, fuck it Jay Z. I am budget.

It took me a while to settle on one decision. The mind is poison, Brandon Flowers got that right.

Human or denser. Definitely the latter.

No comments: