Friday, July 16, 2010

lucid dreamer

Fuck yeah, Inception was a crazy mind boggler. Its fucking brilliant that Christopher Nolan finds a simple idea in your head, expands it and builds an entire universe around it. A bit of a headfuck, really.

So here's my take on what happened. Stop reading here if you haven’t watched it:

Cobb dreamt his entire mission and he is actually in a limbo. When he visited the Indian dude’s joint where people went to dream, he decided to try the potent dosage with the sedatives. In the next scene, he was in the toilet washing his face and he rolled his totem. The thing is, the camera did not show if the totem fell or kept on balancing. Hence, I conclude that he was in a dream the entire time and it was really his own subconscious. He is in way too deep that he may never realize that he is still dreaming.

Edit -

After prolonged meditation and several lucid dreams, I conclude that my initial thesis was faulty. Cobb is indeed, back in reality, with his children and will continue to live the boring life. I err on the side of double inception, which takes too much time to explain.. and I'm malay. Errrthang I do is half-arsed. Thanks.

_______


What happens when you lose your dream within a dream? The only way to find your dream is to dream it.

What happens when you've only dreamt a few hours in real time but you've had entire lifetimes in an expanded universe? When you return to a young body with an ancient soul, your body feels like a stranger and sleep is the only way home.

Could this possibly be the next stage of human evolution/ consciousness? With everything facing us, the only way to survive is through your inner galaxy. Spoken like a true Psychonaut.

Hell yes, I want to wake up to life by dreaming. Shit, I'm locked in with the idea of inception. And you know what they say about ideas, right?

What's the most resilient parasite? An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.