Tuesday, November 2, 2010

singin’ like we’re winnin’

Hello friends,

I am home from my home away from home and I return as a certified PADI diver!! I don’t exactly know how this certification will change my life but the thing is, I secretly enjoy having my name on a piece of paper. If I could, I would collect em’ all.

We met with a few unexpected bumps during this trip. Initially, we attempted night-crossing from Mersing to Tioman but had to detour halfway because the water was really choppy and double-crossed our plans. Despite all that is, the energy from everyone was magnificent. We were singin’ like we’re winnin’. I’ve renewed my belief that sometimes all you really need is change of perspective. With barely 3 hours of sleep, we marched forth the next morning to conquer the tyrannous waves and accomplished our mission.

I went totally panic! at the sea on my first dive. The ebb and flow of the waves was throwing me back and forth, and so I let the fear sink in. Luckily, everything turned out fine. Thank you Yasser for looking out for me when I got disorientated :) I have begun post-missing the boys and their little quirks.

Well, I really don’t have much else to say, so I bid adieu.

- love and light, your friendly PADI diver

No comments: