Sunday, February 13, 2011

waving flag day


Dear Boyfriend,

We've made it! Remember when we used to talk about this day? It seemed as though it was light years away BUT BUT BUT WE'VE MADE IT!

We began our mini road trip and the starting point was visiting our childhood places. We did not manage to cover it all but it felt good that I was able to see and hear about your past because it is pivotal in making you the person you are today. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my past misadventures and miseducation. We ended the night in Sentosa and went for a night swim. We spent hours in the dark running around, and finally settled in for some conversation. We lost track of time and just waste away with the night. Fuck a watch and an iphone, really!

I know how our relationship comes as a surprise to everyone that it provokes some questions and then some questionable remarks. I really get that because even we don't completely fathom how it happened. They thought that we would never make it past today but really, I don't care about hearsay. The world doesn't know it yet but you are amazing. I would like you to know that having you in my life as a lover (i just said lover!) and a best friend is a beautiful surprise.

Sometimes, I suspect that you are a magician because it seems that I am constantly under your spell. Before today, we've had to make this work with time as the biggest constraint and I actually believe that that really was a blessing in disguise. We made every moment count and did a pretty banged-up job like Ed Banger, no? It makes my heart smile when I reminisce how lovely it all is. I cherish everything, even the fucked up bits.

Let's always be awesome, and when we're less, let's hug it out. I love you so much lah.

Love,
Your Psychomotor Rosak Girlfriend


If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match (or a lighter)

Cause I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better (or follow you to 7/11 to buy panadol)

Cause I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.

I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair (not anytime soon, I guess)
Sew on patches to all you tear (gotta learn how to sew first)

Cause I love you more than I could ever promise (i honestly do)
And you take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.

No comments: