Sunday, December 18, 2011

right as rain

...and the quiet Sunday night returns.

Its been pouring alot these days. I saw 2 boys drenched in the rain and it reminded me of a few weeks ago when I was with Dian and we played in the rain.

Dian and I were walking towards the bus stop when it began drizzling, so I whipped out my brolly for some shelter. We were having a pretty serious talk, then it suddenly began to pour heavy duty and our clothes got wet in our makeshift shelter so we thought what the hell, lets play in the rain! All of a sudden, the heavy things that was on my mind was lifted and I felt light again.

This marked the beginning of our 3km rain march. We were laughing hysterically at ourselves. The rain came down hard so we faced the opposing direction of the wind and called it a natural face acupuncture.

Spontaneity is one of the things I adore in life. Life has it that you can plan as much as you want, but if it wasn't meant for you, you will be kept away from it. I've learned that you shouldn't fret when your plans fall apart, you were just meant for something better.

I know it is difficult to believe this at the initial point of rejection, but we have a limited perspective and in times of adversary, we always fail to see the bigger picture.

Nothing is holding you back from living in the moment but yourself. Every decision you make is yours alone. No one is responsible for your happiness but yourself. People can hurt you, disappoint you, and do unspeakable things to you, but your pain from their actions are self-inflicted.

Love yourself. It begins and ends with you. Decide to be enough for yourself, because it is all you will need.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: