Saturday, June 9, 2012

ill-connected

For the longest time, I find myself and the people around me constantly glued to the phone screen, regardless of where we are and what we are doing.

I keep a chain of conversations with people and it is an illusion of being connected, when in actuality, I've never felt more disconnected. I'm reachable via all social media platforms, and my phone enables me to be contactable at any time of the day. There is always someone you can talk to, but when did the constant need to always have something to say begin?

The incessant need to know about other people, what they're doing, where they're going, who they're with, how their life is, the statuses of their problems. It never really ends and it goes both ways.

Do I defy being in the present that much that I look to a virtual reality to be elsewhere? What is the connection that am I really yearning for? Is this the reason why I continuously pursue mindless talks to substitute what I did not find?

I wonder why we try to keep ourselves so occupied. Are we that afraid of being alone? Is silence such bad company? Are the thoughts in our head so loud that we look to noise to keep the thoughts down?

Well, I guess, I guess...I'll bite my tongue, wrap my head around these thoughts, and embrace the silence.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: