Sunday, June 10, 2012

skl0


Samantha Lo.

Everyone is talking about her. I might as well hop on this bandwagon and spread my 2 cents since talk is cheap, and is perhaps the only thing my bank account can afford as at this moment.

Personally, I think she went spot on with the stickers. Besides, any publicity is good publicity. While she awaits her sentence, her name is mentioned and discussed in more sentences than she ever has to serve.

She really hit a gold mine there. Once this issue is settled, she can easily land herself any marketing job, build a brand or start a movement. She can do anything she wants.

On the other side of spectrum, everyone else is discussing about the freedom of expression and how art is a controlled medium in Singapore. Suddenly, we have a group of wannabe art activists speaking about revolution when their biggest crime was doodling in a textbook. Awwww, so cute you guys.

Let's be honest here, I don't know jackshit about art but I sure as hell can appreciate the humour in what Samantha Lo does. In some cases, the phrases used are common things all Singaporeans say at some point in their lives. It's just funnier to see it printed in text.

Samantha grew a pair, created some controversy, and expressed it in a short and witty manner. I would say the real crime here is that the gahmen needs to grow a sense of humour and the people we should incriminate are the passive aggressive pedestrians who have trouble understanding that a button only needs to be pressed once. I'm sure their aggressiveness will cook up into something real nasty if remain untreated. To that I say, grab the problem by the root and throw them all in prison.

Amen.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: