Thursday, November 29, 2012

victory rose


Magic.

I wish I could contain this feeling, freeze this moment and stay in it a little while longer before it passes, like how all beautiful things come to change. I cannot think of any other place I would rather be on that Friday night. It was fate that plans fell into place and I found myself with free passes for the show Sigur Ros performed at Fort Canning.

Sigur Ros has been one of my favourite bands for as long as I can remember. I first fell in love with Ágætis byrjun (A Good Beginning) and that album immortalized so many moments of my life that has come to pass. Tonight, I experienced the joy of them playing live. By their second song, I was moved to tears because the beauty that is their music has taken over me.

How do you create such beauty? Do you need to know such beauty to create such beauty? Or is beauty an innate gift in all of us?

Because everything was in Hopelandic, no one could sing to their songs but listen intently to Jonsi's falsetto. I closed my eyes and immersed myself in the ambience. This is so surreal. I feel so much in a language I do not understand that speaks clearer to me than in a language I do.

I was in love.
with the band.
with the music.
with the crowd.
with the weather.
with my friends.
with the moment.

I watched as the crowd soared when they played "Hoppipolla". That song had the happiness only known to a child's innocent eyes, like something we once knew and long forgotten. What a divine reminder.

Nearing the end of the show, it began to pour, as if the band had summoned the rain and the crowd started to raindance. God, it was epic. I ran to the back, started screaming, and hugging my friends as I proudly put on my poncho. I thought about crying again thinking about how happy I was, but I realized that the sky was already doing it for me.

The. Best. Ever.


- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: