Thursday, December 20, 2012

Who am I?

Am I a slush of my likes and dislikes that sporadically changes with the seasonal tides of time.
Am I a collage of my opinions that never mattered and lacked the magnitude of practice and experience.
Am I the music I listen to, stuck between genres, with lyrics that dictates how I feel.
Am I the clothes that I wear like I am a mascot in this masquerade.
Am I the books I read and never finished which makes my story incomplete.
Am I the movies I watch biased by reviews and subjected to an out of ten rating.
Am I a twitter update paraphrased into 140 characters or less.
Am I the number of likes on my facebook status, accidentally part of a popularity contest.
Am I my hopes and dreams that society has taught me.
Am I the silhouette of the people I love in my life that came and went.
Am I what I think I am and what I think I'm not.
Am I a part of you as you are a part of me.
Am I who I am when you are not looking.
Am I all my mistakes.
Am I my past.
Am I here.
Am I my questions that answers itself with more questions.

All that I am, I am not. I am but lost in a vessel of half-truth. That vessel was my venue but I had mistaken it for my destination. I am but lost.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: