Tuesday, January 15, 2013

let the right one in

Love is my present
That is Your gift
Love my present
Live in this moment
I am alive.
I am the gift.
I am the present.
I am love.

My mind is travelling into a space of thoughts. There are two things on my mind; one is of the disease and one is of the cure.

The disease. I have succumbed to sickness through health when I nursed the disease. I allowed the disease to infest my heart, hoping that within it, it will find a cure. The disease refuses quarantine and like a virus, again it spreads, sharing misery with mistaken company. The pain is now in my chest and has disabled my body. So the disease found a new health to embody now that the sickness is within me.

She sings. She reads. She writes.
Did you find a Type B, when you keyed Type A.
Plus, this is no longer my song.
Was I an A Flat, but she a B Sharp?
Did you forget how we sang our song?
Or were you looking for a different key entirely?

The Cure. It gets worse before it gets better. The pain exists for me to remember. In my solitude, I found alternative medicine that led me to the cure. In my misery, I was told that the disease is a part of the cure. If I understood this, it would uplift me. I knew then that truth required ownership. What is the point of knowing truth without owning it?

Alhamdulillah, my sad heart is a happy heart. This gift was given to me and though I gave it away, it returned to me. I will safeguard this treasure of truth, within my chest, and in my cage.

And when the time comes, I will 'Let the right one in'.
Let the old things fade.
Put the tricks and schemes for good away.

After all, in that movie, Eli did find Oskar.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: