Thursday, February 14, 2013

My life is a love story. One of the greatest love story in my life is that of my mum. Many people go through their lives wanting to know unconditional love and I am the rare few who actually witnessed a love like this, first hand.

For those of you who do not know, I met with a mishap on 28 Jan. Since then, my body is temporarily disabled. The first person who caught news of this was my mother, and of course, she hysterically broke down knowing what had happened to her only child.

My mum has always been of strong character, from when she was a little girl to when she went through a divorce and became a single parent. She single-handedly assumed both responsibilities as a mother and a daughter, taking care of me and my grandmother as the sole breadwinner.

My mother has been at the hospital every single day, watching over me and making sure that I have everything I need. She took a leave of absence from work for about 3 months so she could be here everyday until I become better. This is a mother's love.

When I cry, she cries with me. Then she smiles at me and tells me that everything is going to be okay, with eyes that gleam of love and compassion.

My mother has never said that she will be there for me during bad times. She has never said much during good times either. Nonetheless, she is there and words no longer matter because the love is so unconditional, it has become unspoken. She paused everything that was going on in her life to make sure that mine was doing better.

There is a heart shaped scar on my back. I am truly loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may not know you personally but I've been an avid reader of your blog for quite some time now. You have always been my inspiration and someone whose character, talent and wit I've admired. I may not be able to fully understand what you're going through neither do I want to be intrusive, but do know that things will get better, have faith in Allah as everything happens for a reason. You're one amazing person and I'm sure, just like your mother, you have an equally strong character. You'll always be in my prayers Azlin.

azlin said...

Masya'Allah. Thank you so much for your kind message.

Love.