Monday, June 24, 2013

I'd like to think that somewhere in an alternate universe, I am a time-lapse photographer. Such a cool job would allow me an appointment with nature on a regular basis. I would capture time until it no longer exists. What could be more dis-satisfying than trying to capture something that flees.

It amazes me how you leave a camera in a still place and fast forward the footage but it results in what looks like the world in slow motion. You can no longer tell fast from slow.Time is a relative term. I guess if you immerse yourself in the moment, time no longer exists.

On the topic of alternate universe, I have always been drawn to that idea, being a somewhat closet geek. Comic books and cult movies often base realities on the idea of an alternate universe. I guess in a way, we're always looking for a form of escape from normality.

Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan. The idea of an alternate universe was for me a form of condolence that perhaps in this other world, things would have turned out differently. In that way, there is no need to feel disappointed over how things pan out because in another world, I'm facing a different reality. Everything then is just the same.

Here's the tricky thing about reality; it is what you believe it to be. Things are only as real as your thoughts are. Then I guess real is not real at all. I wonder what is.

Just to be clear, my silly hypothesis on alternate reality and condolences did not work for me. My eyes are heavy now so I shall enter into that realm of sleep. I hope to see you in my dreams.

No comments: