Friday, July 31, 2015

I might as well address the elephant in the room.

Yes, I met with an accident at the escalator in Tanah Merah MRT about 2.5 years ago. The escalator was under maintenance. 

No, I do not have subatomic powers, neither can I walk through walls. If there was a barricade, I would need to climb or get over it, in order to get into the escalator. The last I checked, people are allowed to walk and use their phones when they commute, and they aren't prohibited. Besides, have you never checked your phone while you were walking?

Yes, I'm still alive. 

No, I cannot walk again, unless science uncovers a way to regenerate nerves or I receive a miracle. The doctor calculates the chances of me walking again as 3%, which means GST is higher. In other words, I shouldn't bank in my hopes on something that is unlikely to happen. There is a thin line between hopeful and foolish.

Stop asking me if I can walk. I can't, and I most likely won't. My recovery means moving on with my life, accepting the things I cannot change, and being better at the things I can. It was a painful experience, it still is, and I have my wheelchair to remind me of that everyday

If you are concerned about me, talk to me, and not about me. Thank you.

Any more questions?

No comments: