Monday, July 6, 2015

There used to be an empty field near my area. I would frequent that place at night whenever I wanted time alone. 

There was a box of switches below the lamp post at the end of the empty field. I would climb onto the box and sit there, and drown in my sea of solitude. There, I found fortitude.

Some nights, I put my bags down, and laid on the concrete floor, as the night sky blankets me. I drew the invisible lines to the constellation, hoping that that connection would give me meaning to my own disarrayed thoughts. 

My quest often kept me at a decent height. I was there at lowest of lows, and the highest of highs, and there I realigned, reminding myself to see beauty, even in what seems to be ugly. As above, so below.

When I had nothing, I had that quiet. That empty space for me to breathe, to think, and to feel. I miss the sky covering me, comforting me. I miss harmonizing with the night, in our own commune. I miss the wind that carried the answers to my questions.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: