Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I found this in one of my old drafts. I can remember this night clearly in my head. I hope you are well, friend.
_________

T'was a Monday night. Dian and I decided to pick up our bikinis and take a drive to swim with the night. We are pledged partners-in-crime, the random troublesome awesome twosome, and then some.

We unofficially borrowed the life buoys from a vacated guardhouse, so we floated on our backs and watch the waves sway us deeper into the sea as we hung out with the moon. Together, we professed our unwavering love and devotion to her, singing off-pitch praises to her beauty and dancing off-rhythm to the inconstant tide.

My heart smiles at such moments of spontaneity and I am in deep gratitude to share times like these with a constant friend.

Our times together are always filled with snap decisions because we don't plan on making plans. It is the way strangers travel, and live in the moment. Sometimes, even our holiday destinations get switched at the 11th hour, we simply trust that all will be well, and all is.

Our friendship bonded over countless conversations over teh o, impromptu misadventures, the beautiful sky, randomness, song lyrics, beloved troubadours and sheer wanderment. 

We indulge in the pleasure of doing nothing, because nothing is how something begins. We've actually gone through some pretty rough patches in some of our misadventures, but I'm grateful that we tend to be easy with such afflictions, face them with a mischievious smile and we continue to flip flop across the universe, to infinity and beyond.

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: