Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I am home from my trip to Taiwan. I had a blast with the boys from our caterpillar rides, our elevator formation, racing to our destination, the kind local people, schmoozing outside the hostel with the view of the brooklyn bridge, to me scoffing down tins of grass jelly.

One of the things I thought this injury would take away from me was spontaneity. The unknown excites me as much as it scares me. Being limited in terms of mobility meant lesser experiences but I suppose with a little shift of perspective, the mind can forge new meaning. After all, if you can't look ahead, you can look up and over, unless you're walled in, in that case, I suggest digging a hole in the ground or going subatomic.

The badminton tournament had my self-esteem in the sewers the moment I learnt what I was up against. Granted, I had a decimal of their experience but with an unwavering spirit from the team and an excellent support network, I admit that I am blessed. 

I suppose if the nature of things are transient, nothing could be an absolution. I am sure that this will one day come to pass, and there is a beauty in that. We meet hardships along this journey and some of our hardships are more apparent than others. Some things are given to us, some taken from us, but if we learn to give it sincerely, perhaps a lesson awaits us in the balance.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that things happen to people, and it is the nature of things. It is what we decide to do with the time that is given to us that makes the difference. Maybe everything does happen for a reason but the uncovering happens not in the ruminating questions, but in taking actions.
 
But based on this post, I have evidently exceeded word count, making this more talk, less action. Oppsie daisie. 

- love and light, adrenalene

1 comment:

Tum said...

“I do not care what car you drive. Where you live. If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone. If your clothes are this years cutting edge. If you are A list or B list or never heard of you list. If your trust fund is unlimited. I only care about the words that flutter from your mind. They are the only thing you own. The only thing I will remember you by. I will not fall in love with your bones or skin. I will not fall in love with the places you have been. I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind.”

― Andre Jordan