Sunday, June 26, 2016

I watched the moon entering the sky at 2 o clock, and turning back the hands of time. I sat there, basking in her everglow, stringing together the moments that led to now. As she rose, she granted the river beauty by her reflection, and my eyes gazed at her wispy eyes. She embodied peace in the stillness of the night. 

On a separate sky, there was a swimming sea of stars. I wasn't sure where to look. Was it better to look up or to look at what was in front of you? I waited till the clouds pulled the curtains. Last call before closing.

I guess we all seek for connection, longing to belong.  We do so in speech or silence. I know where I want to belong, but I am no longer sure if I still belong. A home becomes a house when you require a formal invitation before you can enter. 

There were times I broke an entry thinking that I wasn't going to give up without a fight. Well, there were more than many times. I guess I overstayed my welcome. I was always making mistakes and perhaps the universe decided it was time for me to learn my lesson.

A lesson on truth, a lesson on acceptance. A lesson that broke my chest. A lesson, nonetheless.

No comments: