Sunday, July 16, 2017

I miss journaling.

I love writing because it helps me make sense. When I write, my thoughts take a slower pace, allowing me to breathe with words and between the spaces. They help me bridge my head and my heart which can seem like two very separate things.

I hope to begin again even if there isn't much to start with.

I suppose I can start with a few things bout my day.

Today, I read this quote by Thoreau. He said 'I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees'. To me, that relates to a person taking a breather from when he is absorbed into the details of things and coming out of it, beginning to see the bigger picture that revitalises him.

I like this quote because it also reminds me of all the long walks I had in the past. Many of them were accompanied by conversations with friends. It is wonderful to lose yourself in nature and simply speak about nothing, anything and everything. I suspect that this might have been my most favourite thing to do, since I do have many favourites.

Long walks for me were an everyday routine. They meant going at a slower pace and looking up to the sky. I guess it was almost as though the clouds stored my thoughts, all 5GB of it. Journaling happens when I try to organise the things that I store in my head because not enough space.

SPACE!

- love and light, adrenalene

No comments: